We sell tickets for most events at the Bloomsbury Theatre via the internet, by telephone, post and in person at our box office. We accept cash, cheque, Amex, Visa, Mastercard, Delta, Switch, and Solo card payments. We have a returns and exchange policy. See below for our conditions of sale and data protection policy
Box office telephone number:
020 7388 8822
Box Office phone lines are open from 10am to 6pm, Monday to Friday and from 12 noon to 6pm on Saturdays.
We sell tickets to callers in person from 10am to 6pm, Monday to Friday and from 12 noon to 6pm on Saturdays. On performance days we remain open until the stated start time.
We will not charge a fee for bookings made in person.
Our internet sales service is available 24 hours a day. The service is provided by Tickets.com. There is £2.50 booking fee per transaction on all online transactions. A maximum of 10 tickets can be booked online in one transaction.
You can book online by going to our Events page and clicking where it says book now next to the performance you are interested in. This will take you to Tickets.com's website where your transaction will take place. If you have any difficulties, or would like assistance, with your online booking please either contact our box office with our contact form or telephone on 020 7388 8822.
Visa, Mastercard, Switch and Maestro cards are accepted for internet bookings.
We accept Amex, Visa, Mastercard, Delta, Switch and Solo card payment for telephone bookings. The Bloomsbury Theatre charges a £2.50 fee per transaction on all telephone bookings.
Please note that we are not able to make ticket reservations without payment.
The box office postal address is:
The Box Office, Bloomsbury Theatre, 15 Gordon Street, London, WC1H 0AH
We accept cheques, made payable to University College London, for bookings received by post. Please use the address above for postal bookings. The Bloomsbury Theatre charges a £2.50 fee per transaction on all postal bookings.
Please ensure that all cheques are made payable to 'University College London'.
Conditions of Sale
Tickets booked for events at the Bloomsbury Theatre are subject to the following conditions of sale.
- Tickets are not to be re-sold.
- The management reserves the right to refuse admission.
- The management reserves the right to amend or alter the programme as necessary as a result of unforeseen circumstances.
- Tickets may be returned up to 10 working days before the performance, subject to our 'Returns Policy' below.
- Latecomers may be refused admission.
- Only food and drink purchased from the Bloomsbury Theatre may be consumed on the Theatre premises.
- Filming and recording of any kind is not permitted in the theatre unless specifically allowed by the event organiser.
Returns and Exchanges
At the discretion of the hiring promoter, The Bloomsbury Theatre may be able to refund the value of tickets purchased from us subject to the following conditions.
- The box office receives the returned tickets at least ten working days before the event. Our normal opening hours are Mon-Fri 10-6pm, Sat 12-6pm.
- There is a £2.50 transaction fee plus £1 per ticket refunded charged for this service.
The Bloomsbury Theatre will exchange tickets between dates within a run of performances subject to the following conditions.
- The original tickets are returned to us.
- The exchange is completed before both performances take place.
- There is a £2.50 transaction fee charged for this service.
Please call our box office on 020 7388 8822 if you would like more details on our conditions of sale.
Bloomsbury Theatre data protection
The Bloomsbury Theatre collects data on its customers whilst taking bookings for events and on email subscription lists. We take the security of our customer’s data very seriously and we would like to emphasise the following points regarding the use of your data.
- At the time of booking customers are asked if they would mind being contacted by the Theatre. No direct marketing activity is undertaken to those requesting not to receive contact.
- The Bloomsbury Theatre will use customer data stored for mailings advertising events taking place at the theatre and elsewhere.
- Third Party organisers of events at the Bloomsbury Theatre will sometimes be provided with date relating to customers for the events that they organised. In these situations the third party organiser will be expected to follow the same rules as the theatre (detailed here).
- All data (except statistical data) will be removed from our database two years after the final booking made.
- All marketing emails sent to previous customers and subscription lists will contain information on how to remove that email address from our database.
Whilst every effort is made to protect the security of your data we acknowledge that mistakes are sometimes made. If you would like to discuss our data protection policies further call 020 7388 8822.