We sell tickets for most events at our venue via the internet, by telephone, post and in person at our box office. We accept cash, cheque, Visa, Mastercard, Delta, Switch, and Solo card payments. We do not accept Amex. We have a returns and exchange policy. See below for our conditions of sale, our house rules, and data protection policy
Box office telephone number:
New number: 020 3108 1000 (previously 020 7388 8822)
Box Office phone lines are open from 12 noon to 5pm on Monday to Friday.
We sell tickets to callers in person from 12 noon to 5pm Monday to Friday. On performance days we remain open until the stated start time.
Our internet sales service is available 24 hours a day. The service is provided by Spektrix. A maximum of 10 tickets can be booked online in one transaction.
You can book online by going to our Events page selecting your event and clicking where it says BOOKING. If you have any difficulties, or would like assistance, with your online booking please either contact our box office with our contact form or telephone on 020 3108 1000.
Visa, Mastercard, Switch and Maestro cards are accepted for internet bookings.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Delta, Switch and Solo card payment for telephone bookings. We do not accept Amex.
Please note that we are not able to make ticket reservations without payment.
The box office postal address is:
The Box Office, Bloomsbury Theatre, 15 Gordon Street, London, WC1H 0AH
We accept cheques, made payable to University College London, for bookings received by post. Please use the address above for postal bookings.
Please ensure that all cheques are made payable to 'University College London'.
Conditions of Sale
Tickets booked for events at our venues are subject to the following conditions of sale.
- Tickets are not to be re-sold.
- The management reserves the right to refuse admission.
- The management reserves the right to amend or alter the programme as necessary as a result of unforeseen circumstances.
- Tickets may be returned up to 10 working days before the performance, subject to our 'Returns Policy' below.
- Latecomers may be refused admission.
- All attendees will be subject to, and should be made be aware of, our House Rules.
- Photography, film and audio recording of any kind is strictly prohibited, unless otherwise notified. Any devices used for such activity may be confiscated at the Ticket holder’s own risk.
- This is a no smoking venue.
- The venue does not have a cloakroom.
- Entry and re-entry are by ticket only.
- Food and drink from outside outlets may not be consumed in the venue.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse entry.
- Verbal and/or physical aggression towards staff will result in refusal of entry or requirement to leave.
- To fulfil the terms of licence, this is a glass free venue. Only plastic beverage containers and bottles are allowed in the auditorium.
- Patrons are asked to refrain from prohibited behaviour in the venue. This can include: shouting, swearing, talking through the performance and any other behaviours which could, in the reasonable opinion of the Management, constitute a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to other customers and/or staff.
- Bicycles are not permitted inside the venue, please store them at the bicycle racks outside.
- Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
- For safety reasons, any person who enters the venue may be searched and have their belongings searched. Any person who declines to do so may be refused entry.
- Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: glass, tools, laser pens, fireworks, darts, scissors, blades, knives, swords, stun guns, gas defence sprays, fire arms, air horns, alcohol, drugs, narcotics and any other items that may be deemed illegal, unsafe and/or a danger to other patrons.
- Should you experience any problem while visiting Bloomsbury Theatre, please ask any member of staff to alert the Duty Manager so that every effort can be made to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Should you wish to make a written complaint, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to share a great Bloomsbury experience with us, please feel free to join us on Facebook, Twitter or email email@example.com
Returns and Exchanges
At the discretion of the hiring promoter, our box office may be able to refund the value of tickets purchased from us subject to the following conditions.
- The box office receives the returned tickets at least ten working days before the event. Our normal opening hours are Mon-Fri 12noon-5pm.
- There is a £2.50 transaction fee plus £1 per ticket refunded charged for this service.
We will exchange tickets between dates within a run of performances subject to the following conditions.
- The original tickets are returned to us.
- The exchange is completed before both performances take place.
- There is a £2.50 transaction fee charged for this service.
Please call our box office on 020 3108 1000 if you would like more details on our conditions of sale.
Bloomsbury Theatre data protection
We collect data on its customers whilst taking bookings for events and on email subscription lists. We take the security of our customer’s data very seriously and we would like to emphasise the following points regarding the use of your data.
- At the time of booking customers are asked if they would mind being contacted by the venue. No direct marketing activity is undertaken to those requesting not to receive contact.
- We will use customer data stored for mailings advertising events taking place at the venue and elsewhere.
- Third Party organisers of events at our venue will sometimes be provided with date relating to customers for the events that they organised. In these situations the third party organiser will be expected to follow the same rules as the theatre (detailed here).
- All data (except statistical data) will be removed from our database two years after the final contact made.
- All marketing emails sent to previous customers and subscription lists will contain information on how to remove that email address from our database.
Whilst every effort is made to protect the security of your data we acknowledge that mistakes are sometimes made. If you would like to discuss our data protection policies further call 020 3108 1000.