Performance Lab: Experimenting with Art & Research
Monday, 29 April 2019
Mon, 29th April at 10:00am
Calling all curious academics, researchers and artists. Join us for a free symposium exploring the relationship between academics and artists, with a focus on live performance.
We’ll be asking:
• How can research inspire great art?
• How can collaboration help us to see ourselves and the world more clearly?
• How can the relationship between artists and academics be mutually invigorating?
• How to explore the intersection between research, performance and public engagement?
• How can we turn Bloomsbury Theatre and the wider university into a space for creative experimentation?
Hosted by poet and mental health activist Cecilia Knapp, the day will feature presentations from academic/artistic partnerships, facilitated discussions, networking opportunities and early idea surgery sessions.
The symposium runs from 10:00-15:00 and includes lunch and light refreshments.
This event is free to attend but space is limited. Please email email@example.com to reserve your place by 16 April 2019.
Part of Performance Lab: eleven experiments in science and the arts at UCL.